This is a great recipe for pack lunch boxes and a nice and easy recipe which is always a hit with all of my family. I call them cookie cakes as they are somewhere in between or certainly the way my ones always turn out anyway!!! You can add all sorts to this mix, raisins, dried cranberries, coconut, dried pineapple we have added or of course chocolate drops and swap the spice for one teaspoon of vanilla essence. Next time I make these I am going to add orange zest but yet to try but I think it would work very nicely. I also going to try it with fresh apple or blueberries so I will report back here when I have!!!
You will need:
190g of soft brown sugar
80g butter or margarine
80g natural yoghurt
1 tsp of mixed spice ( 2 tsp if like me you like things spicy!)
180g Plain flour ( I used gluten-free)
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
130g oats ( I used gluten-free oats)
- Preheat oven to 190ºc / Gas mark 5
- Lightly grease 2 baking trays
- Cream butter/marg and sugar
- Stir in the yoghurt
- Add flour, bicarbonate of soda, spice and oats.
- Mix well and add any other ingredients such as dry fruit you may be using.
- Put tablespoons of the mixture of the baking tray leaving a bit of space around them. Always makes at least 12 depending on what else you add this varies. Average for when I make them 16.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until golden around the edges. Leave on baking tray for a few minutes before popping on a cooling rack.
These keep for 3-4 days in an airtight container (not all make it straight to the tin as above!) and are perfect for pack lunches, picnic’s and just a
treatenergy boost with a cup of tea!!!
Reader Rating: 0 Votes
You May Also Like