Old fashioned mummy tagged me in this meme which I have just checked today and I need to do for tomorrow.
I have already signed the petition at Red Ted Art
I have had a bug this week, but unlike the children of Mozambique I was healthy enough and live in good conditions with clean water and fresh food to eat to shake it off quickly.
My children have done some pictures of how they look now.
It is hard for our children to understand what life must be like for these children, indeed it is hard for me to.
We are all so lucky, despite all our complaining about things we really do not need to complain about.
In January Save the Children launched it’s most ambitious campaign to date, No Child Born to Die. Every year 8 million children under five die from illnesses we know how to treat or prevent, such as diarrhoea and pneumonia.
Save The Children is focusing on the provision of vaccinations and healthcare workers. In June there is a meeting in London hosted by David Cameron and attended by other world leaders. Save The Children aims to make as much noise as possible to ensure the funding shortfall for vaccinations (4.7 billion) is met by all the donor countries.
If this funding gap is met the vaccines that could then be provided would save the lives of millions of children.
This week 3 bloggers/ vloggers are going to Mozambique to follow the journey of a vaccine from the coldstore in the city right down to a rural community. They will write, make films and tweet about their experiences, the children and families they meet and the challenges of “cold” vaccinations in hot countries.
Please sign this petition and pass it on to help these children to have a future to look forward.
**Not been tagged??? Take part ANYWAY… do the below and you are away***
**Don’t want to craft, but do want to help? Go straight to point 3 & sign the petition**
So our challenge is simple:
1) Get your child to either draw or craft a self portrait of themselves now or in the future. Check out our self portrait on some tips to get the littlies interested! even a simple circle with dots and lines is sufficient for us!!!
3) Sign the Save the Children petition and then pass it onto your friends
4) Write a blog post about it as soon as possible, including info about Save the Children and the petition. We want as many people linked up AND signed up the petition by Sunday 29th May 2011
5) Tag 8 fellow blogger friends
6) Come back and link up your posts, so we can all share your craftiness
7) If you have time, visit each other posts and say hello!
Thank you for reading this blog post please sign the petition and lets get a future for these children x
I am a bit late to tag people as all seemed to have been tagged so pop over to Red Ted Art and see all the other pictures and links to their blogs, if you have not then please write a blog post and spread the word. Thank you x
Reader Rating: 0 Votes
You May Also Like