These are as named really easy biscuits to make. Nice, quick, easy biscuit recipe and no rolling involved. I love the rustic look of these biscuits, the sort of biscuits you would buy and have to pay far too much for far too few biscuits!!! Perfect for adding to the lunch boxes and of course perfect with a cup of tea.
You can also easily switch flavours see suggestions at the end.
For this really easy biscuit recipe you will need to make approx 16:
250g self-raising flour sifted
125g butter of margarine softened
125g soft brown sugar
1 tablespoon of golden syrup
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
To make these really easy biscuit recipe you will need to:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Grease two baking trays
- Cream the sugar and butter until soft and creamy
- Beat the egg, vanilla and golden syrup together then gradually beat into your creamed butter and sugar.
- Mix the flour and salt together then add half to the creamed mix and beat together with a wooden spoon. Then add the other half and beat until you have a firm dough.
- Roll teaspoons of the dough into balls. Put 8 balls on each tray spaced apart, no need to flatten the balls. Should make 16.
- Bake for 12 minutes until golden
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Make them different. Swap the vanilla extract for:
1- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger for ginger biscuits.
1-2 teaspoons of mixed spice for spicy biscuits.
The zest of 1 lemon or orange for zesty biscuits.
Mix 1 teaspoon of instant coffee with 1 teaspoon boiling water add once cooled for coffee biscuits.
Swap the golden syrup for 1 tablespoon of honey and keep the vanilla as well for honey biscuits