Oscar being a SpongeBob fan likes the thought of crabby patties, without the crab!
So for the last year or so, Oscar has been chief burger maker in the house. All the trimmings Oscar and I prepare together when the burgers are cooking.
Burgers are so easy to make, I am sure now Oscar won’t ever buy burgers from a packet when he is older.
Oscar likes his burgers with all the trimmings, so here is what you need to make Ozzie’s Burgers.
Makes 8 small or 4 large Burgers.
You will need:
500g of beef mince (Oscar uses lean steak mince)
2 cloves of garlic (optional)
A pinch of mixed herbs (optional)
A little freshly ground black pepper (optional)
Note: We don’t add salt as it tends to draws moisture out of the burgers.
For the Oscar essential burger trimmings and to make beef style ‘crabby patty’ you will need:
2 Tomatoes sliced
red or white onion sliced into rings
Some cheese cut into thin slices
Burgers Buns or any rolls
Tomato Ketchup or relish
Ready to start, now Oscar has super shiney clean hands!!!
1. Put the mince meat into a bowl.
2. Crack the egg into a small jug or container and give it a good beat.
3. Peel and chop your garlic until fine. I usually finish this off for Oscar.
4. Add egg, garlic, herbs and pepper to the minced beef.
5. Now the messy part (that Oscar loves!) mix all the ingredients together. The easiest way is to get your hands in there and squish it all together. Lovely lovely!!!
6. Once it is all mixed up together you can start shaping your burgers.
7. Oscar usually makes 8 burgers, take some of your mixture. For 8, it’s about the size of a kiwi fruit. Once you have the mix in your hands shape into a ball then flatten to make a burger shape.
8. Pop your burgers on a plate, so they are ready for cooking.
Now for Oscar to give his hands a really really good wash!
Oscar just turned 10 so the cooking part is over to me now.
9. Place the burgers under a pre-heated medium to hot grill for approximently 16 mins, so 8 mins a each side.
10. Place burgers into a roll (Oscar favourite being sesame seeded burger buns!)
We usually take them in rolls to the table so everyone can put in there own extra’s.
But, here is one Oscar made up just for you!
Then the best bit eating it!