I love the word ‘Easy’ when it comes to cooking and with just 3 ingredients this could not be easier. With the bonus it is very tasty too.
You will need:
4 chicken breasts
1/2 a pot of natural yogurt
2-3 tablespoons of curry paste ( I used Patak’s Korma)
1. Cut the chicken into chunks about 2.5cm cubes. Usually one chicken breast makes 8-10 chunks.
2. Place in a bowl and add yogurt and curry paste and give a good stir until chicken is thoroughly covered. Add more yogurt if needed.
3. Cover bowl and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours. You can leave it overnight or make it in the morning ready for supper.
4. Preheat grill to its highest setting
5. Once marinated thread it onto skewers. Metal ones are best as they conduct heat for more even cooking but wooden ones are fine. Soak for a while before using wooden ones to stop them burning.
6. Cook for approximately 12- 14 minutes under the hot grill, turning occasionally for even cooking.
These can also be cooked on the barbecue but my barbecue food tends to end up burnt so I stick with the grill!
Serve with shredded lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, lemon slices and naan bread.
You can also make a simple mint yogurt by using some of the remaining yogurt and stir in some fresh mint chop or mint concentrate. I add a squeeze of lemon and black pepper to mine.
This is also great cooked ahead and used chilled in wraps,pitta’s or sandwiches for lunch or picnic’s.
Great served with my yummy rice salad too.
Reader Rating: 0 Votes
You May Also Like