This gorgeous green soup is bursting with a fresh flavour that suggests Spring is on its way. I guess it really is a cross between my easy pea and mint soup and my Spring Green Soup but it was delicious, good for you and nice and easy too so I thought I would share the recipe.
So to make this Spring is on the way soup you will need:
3 cups of frozen pea’s
3 medium onions chopped
1 courgette chopped
1 small head of Spring greens sliced
1/2 head of broccoli
1 green pepper chopped
2-3 medium-sized potatoes chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
A good handful of fresh mint chopped
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 1/2 pints of vegetable stock
Black pepper to season
To make simply:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan
- Add the onions and cook until they are just turning golden and softening.
- Now add the potatoes, courgette and pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes until they begin to soften too.
- Add the garlic and spring greens continue cooking for 3 more minutes.
- Put the stock in the pan and simmer for 10 minutes, add the frozen pea’s and half of the mint.
- Cook until the pea’s and other vegetables are cooked which should be about 5 minutes.
- Add the remainder of the mint and season with black pepper.
- Blend half of the soup to create the gorgeous green colour but leave some of the vegetables whole which makes for a more satisfying and filling soup. You can blend it all of course if you like a smooth soup.
Serve with either a dollop of natural yoghurt or some grated cheese.
I hope you enjoy this fresh tasting soup recipe as much as we did – Ali x