I have been making potatoes wedgies for years now. But yesterday I tried something different and they came out so dam perfect and super healthy I had to share it with you. Plus a big bonus the baking tray was so easy to wash up after, rather than my usual soaking and scraping I have to do.
So for these gorgeous wedgies will need:
Enough potatoes for as many as you are serving. Look to your right and that is how many I cut up for 4 hungry people.
2 teaspoons of plain flour (I used gluten-free)
1 – 2 teaspoons chilli powder or you could use smoked paprika or something like Cajun spice
1 teaspoon of dry mixed herbs
A little bit of salt
A little bit of pepper
1 tablespoon of oil (I used sunflower)
To make these delicious potato wedgies you need to:
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC
- Mix the flour and all the seasoning together in a bowl
- Wash your potatoes. Keep the skins on as they are healthy and add to the taste, then cut the potatoes in half lengthways then each half into 4 wedges. So 8 potato wedges per potato.
- Put the wedges onto a large baking tray. Toss in the flour mixture then coat in the tablespoon of oil.
- Bake for 35 minutes, checking once to give them a bit of a shake about.
Then they are ready to serve with what ever you fancy or simply add a dip or two and enjoy just as they are!
You may also like my Perfect roast potato recipe.