There is something quite nice about finding a surprise in something, so these lemon curd muffins do just that. They look like a rather nice of course plain muffin but once you get in there you have the surprise of some rather yummy lemon curd. Of course you could change this to jam but what I like about lemon curd is it hold it shape doesn’t melt into to the rest of the cake. The ones I baked are gluten-free but I have put the recipe for gluten-free and regular version.
Lemon curd muffin recipe
For extra lemon flavour you could add the zest of one lemon to the muffin mix but I liked the vanilla muffin with the lemon surprise but it is your choice.
To make 12 lemon curds muffins you will need:
225g self raising flour ( gluten-free I used gluten-free plain flour with 2 teaspoons in total of baking powder)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
150g castor sugar
1 egg (gluten-free I used an extra egg)
90ml sunflower oil
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
12 teaspoon of lemon curd
To make the lemon curd muffins you need to:
- Place muffins cases into a 12 hole muffin tray and pre-heat oven to 190ºC
- Sift the flour and the baking powder into a large bowl and then stir in the sugar.
- In another bowl beat the eggs and then beat in the milk, oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and fold in. The mixture will be lumpy not smooth so try not to over stir.
- Fill the muffin cases just over half full
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon curd to each muffin then cover with the rest of the muffin mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and springy to touch.
Cool on a cooling rack and sprinkle with icing sugar if liked to serve to make them look extra pretty.
As you can see I have used my Pampered Chef stoneware that I reviewed here. Being gluten-free can be a real pain especially when baking, but for any gluten-free people out there I have found the Stoneware muffin pan to be the best muffin tray to get a really good rise and for them to be extra light when using a gluten-free recipe.
Reader Rating: 0 Votes
You May Also Like